Functie: Lead Data Engineer (ITP6331)
Start: 4-2-2019, 36 uur per week
Periode: 12 mnd+
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for Lead Data Engineer.
We are building the next release of our Data Lake. To develop this release, we are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our team of experts. The new team member will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Lead Data Engineer will active support our software developers, database engineers and data analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. The candidate will be excited by the prospect of re-inventing and re-designing the data architecture to support our next generation of our Data Lake.
– Create and maintain, with the team, an optimal data pipeline architecture,
– Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional requirements.
– Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
– Build the infrastructure required for optimal loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data’ technologies.
– Work with stakeholders including the Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
– Keep our data separated and secure across international boundaries through multiple data centers
– Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
– Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
– Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
– Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
– Strong analytic skills related to working with (un)structured datasets.
– Build processes supporting metadata, dependency and workload management.
– A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
– Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
– Ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative manner.
– Excellent listening and communication skills
– Strong leader and organizational skills.
– Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
– We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data and/or Software Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
– Highly experience with big data tools: NiFi, Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Spark, Kafka, etc.
– Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Oracle.
– Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, Storm.
– Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
– Experience working in a DevOps environment (CI/CD, Test Automation, TDD), Docker, Jenkins.
– Experience working in an Agile/Scrum organization
ITprogrammeur.comstreeft ernaar om iedere kandidaat binnen 5 werkdagen een persoonlijke reactie te sturen.
Indien de klant een security screening vereist zijn de (eenmalige) kosten hiervan voor eigen rekening.
Related Jobs (30)
Sr. Technisch Applicatiebeheerder (Windows) (ITP6323) on 23 January 2019 Freelance