Functie: IT Ops/System Engineer (Oracle/Linux) (ITP6333)
Start: 4-2-2019, 36 uur per week
Periode: 12 mnd+
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a IT Ops/System Engineer (Oracle/Linux).
We are looking for a (mid-senior level) IT Ops/System Engineer. If you want to work at a place where you are in charge of the correct operation of systems impacting tens of thousands of our customers, where investing in the automation of provisioning and monitoring never stops, please read on.
You look after the availability, reliability of Identity & Access management means system, which are being used by all our customers. The impact of what you are responsible for is huge. The field evolves fast and staying up-to-date and exercising technical leadership to help the organization stay at the forefront is of paramount importance. You will focus on strengthening the monitoring and automated delivery of our software to meet the challenges posed by the growth. Some of the main responsibilities are listed below. We expect you to be able to cover more than half of them:
– Monitoring and supporting the production environment and several other environments.
– Automating the installation and integration of different components.
– Capacity management of file systems and databases used.
– Owning backup/restore and disaster recovery processes.
– Streamlining our development process from code check-ins all the way to deployment into production in collaboration with Dev colleagues.
– Evolve our approach for monitoring and alerting towards preventive monitoring.
You will participate in DevOps teams and software release cycles in collaboration with the business and its support functions, all within a DevOps way of working.
Your work environment:
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization.
We operate according to a Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build.
Desired skills & experience
– IT (Master/Bachelor) technical degree.
– Proven track record in this role, preferably in an international environment.
– Good knowledge (or at least keen interest to gain it) of some of the following areas: payments, cash management and financial markets is vital for this position.
– You have sound knowledge of relational databases like Oracle.
– Excellent knowledge of at least one modern scripting language (Python, Ruby, Groovy). Knowledge of Python is big nice-to-have.
– Good knowledge of modern application servers such as Nginx, Tomcat, JBoss.
– Good knowledge of enterprise level networking (TCP/IP, VPNs, SFTP, Proxy, Firewalls).
– Excellent knowledge of OS fundamentals with the ability to apply it in the context of modern operating systems, e.g. RHEL, CentOS etc.
– Knowledge of NoSQL data stores such as Cassandra, while not mandatory, is a strong nice-to-have.
– Experience in the inner workings of the JVM, while not mandatory, is an important nice-to-have.
– Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery using modern OSS tools such as Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Sonar.
– Performance/Capacity/Availability Monitoring, knowledge of well-known OSS tools in this area (such as Ganglia, Nagios, Graphite, Zabbix) is a big nice-to-have.
– Experience with automating capacity testing with OSS tools such as JMeter and Gatling.
– Basic knowledge of Scrum.
– CISSP certificate is a very important nice-to-have.
– Able to work under pressure, no 9-5 mentality, willing to be on stand-by outside of office hours.
– Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
– Problem solving
– Disciplined and result oriented
ITprogrammeur.comstreeft ernaar om iedere kandidaat binnen 5 werkdagen een persoonlijke reactie te sturen.
Indien de klant een security screening vereist zijn de (eenmalige) kosten hiervan voor eigen rekening.
Related Jobs (21)
Sr. Technisch Applicatiebeheerder (Windows) (ITP6323) on 23 January 2019 Freelance