Functie: DETAVAST: Network Specialist (DNS, IPAM, DHCP) (ITP7077)
Start: 4-11-2019, 36 uur per week
Periode: 12 mnd+
Concerns ‘deta-vast’. The candidate should be able to become internal after 12 months without additional fees and restrictions.
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Network Specialist (DNS, IPAM, DHCP).
Tinkering with networking is your hobby, but you can switch easily in a mindset to an enterprise environment where uptime, performance, and security are critical to serving our customers optimally. You like to script and program for fun but can apply these skills to your job as well. You are an energetic engineer who is creative and has a can-do mentality. You are a team player, collaboration and sharing knowledge is a natural behavior.
You will join an international team that works towards the target architecture for DNS, IP & time management services for our Global Datacenters.
Together we build on existing and new technologies to deliver standardised, stable and secure network services for our IP infrastructure. You will participate in agile work processes such as daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and planning. Together with the Product Owner, the team (Squad) works on common goals and a shared backlog. We use video and collaboration tools to facilitate the communication process.
What you do (Capabilities):
You deliver standard, self-service infrastructure services to the Global IT consumers together with your squad. You can move all typical user stories and tasks from “To-Do” to “Done.”
This primary focus is to develop and enroll global IP services such as DNS, IP & time management.
Your role also includes:
Integrate current and new network services into portals, and automation workflows
Design, develop and operate new global network services such as DNS, DHCP, IPAM and time as a service
Capacity monitoring (Utilization, IP allocation, etc.), diagnostic and recommend remediation of managed network services
Keep squad members up-to-date on developments, improvements, and alerts
Optimize development and operational practices
You recognize yourself in this profile (Competencies):
With your expertise in IP network management platforms, secure infrastructures, event monitoring, and automation via scripting, you contribute to the squad’s mission of delivering top-notch network service solutions for our global services.
Competencies – Skills:
– Experience with IP network management tooling such as Infoblox, QIP
– Experience with DNS, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and IP Address Management (IPAM) architectures in large organizations.
– Experience/knowledge of Infoblox products is the platform is added value
– Maintain software applications and operating systems to support regular network operations including DNS, DHCP, IPAM and Monitoring
– Experience in the design, implementation, and support
– Knowledge of configuration tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
– The technology of interfacing squads and consumers to achieve an end-to-end view
– Impact of different factors on the performance and capacity of services different elements on the performance and capacity of services
– Working-level knowledge of Agile and DevOps practices
– Understanding of the Scrum methodology (e.g., backlog and spring planning, review and marketplace)
– Knowledge of DevOps way of working (e.g., continuous delivery, cross-functional team set-ups, development of cross-skilled squad members)
Competencies – Behaviours
– The mindset of openness and willingness to try new ways of working and technologies
– End-to-end ownership mindset
– Active team player who takes responsibility
– Independent and autonomous in completing tasks
– The mentality of continuous improvement of the service and way of working
– Reflects upon behaviors and performance to proactively identify improvement areas
– Strong problem solver to structure and improve complex situations
– Coaches others to help their individual development
Your education and background:
– Professional and intellectual IT ability at least a Bachelor’s degree
– Certifications or proven proficiency in Networking and Security
– Certifications or proven proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages
– Excellent command of spoken and written English
ITprogrammeur.comstreeft ernaar om iedere kandidaat binnen 5 werkdagen een persoonlijke reactie te sturen.
Indien de klant een security screening vereist zijn de (eenmalige) kosten hiervan voor eigen rekening.
NOTE: de ITprogrammeur.comAanvragen mogen niet zonder toestemming op internet geplaatst worden!!
Related Jobs (18)
Senior Linux Ops Engineer (Python/Monitoring) (ITP7139) on 8 November 2019 Freelance